Bigfoot/yowie

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Bigfoot/yowie

Post by Metacrock » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:02 pm

I put this here as a light topic. I don't want any big arguments, but we can agree, disagree or laugh it off I don't care.

I have studied this. a friend and I take it seriously as a topic but I don't believe they exist. I have trouble with it, but I don't laugh at people or think they are crazy for saying they have seen them.

On the positive side:

[*]blood/hair samples have been tested as "unkown primate."

[*]dermal ridiges found on their foot prints that are backwards to human, it isn't likely a hoaxer would think of that.

[*]millions of tracks found and most of them way out where no would be likely to see them thus hoaxers not likely to put them there.

[*]repoted sightings follow the water supply rather than appearing randomly all over.

On the down side.

[*]I just don't see how a big animals could hide that well

[*] why no decent pix?

[*]looks like they would stay the hell away from highways about about 90% of sightings have bhem running accross highways. you would think their major pastime is running over highways.

my brother couldn' t care less if they exist and thinks I'm an idiot for caring.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

ZAROVE

Re: Bigfoot/yowie

Post by ZAROVE » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:25 am

WELL, straner things have happened than the discovery of a new animal speicies. I'm ambivolent. I've not seenthem, but then, I know of an Antilope speicies hitherto unknown until a few years ago so large animals can indeed hide int he wild.

Would it matter? If such a creature exists, its just another ownderful example of natures bounty.

If not, its a nice fable.

KR Wordgazer

Re: Bigfoot/yowie

Post by KR Wordgazer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:51 pm

I've seen some interesting shows about Bigfoot that have evidence that is compelling. Still, I reserve judgment. I kind of hope there is a race of woodwose's, sasquatch's, yetis or whatever, at least someplace in the world. If conclusive proof could be obtained, it seems to me it would sort of make a point to those skeptics who don't believe in anything, you know? Look, Bigfoot was out there all along, whether you believed in it or not. . .

I'm a Bigfoot agnostic hoping there's a Bigfoot. :lol: ;)
Wag more.
Bark less.