Complete This Sentence:

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

unred typo
Complete This Sentence:

Post by unred typo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:08 pm

There’s nothing more relaxing this side of heaven than…

Kayaking in the morning before the speed boaters are awake. 8-)
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.

KR Wordgazer

Re: Complete This Sentence:

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:23 pm

A hot tub with candlelight and Bach.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:13 pm

Devorsurac's "New World" symphony.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:05 pm

Heaven has sides? And what is this word "relax"?

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:24 am

ZAROVE wrote:Heaven has sides? And what is this word "relax"?
:lol: :lol:

Good one, Zarove.

Another relaxing thing: Watching a good DVD with a cat on your lap and a cup of tea in your hand.
Wag more.
Bark less.

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:08 am

ZAROVE wrote:Heaven has sides? And what is this word "relax"?
:D Yes...sides...four square! hehe... And you can't relax until you lax. When you have laxed at least once, you can relax whenever you get the chance.

For you, my new overworked friend, a lax probably won't be easy. You'll have to work at it. :? Don't go right out for the full blown lax. Try something like painting a room, then give yourself a break and don't wash the roller cover after. But do pull it off the roller or when it's cemented on there, you'll have to expend so much effort getting it off you'll undo all your lax and have a relapse into unlax. :shock: ;)
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.

QuantumTroll

Post by QuantumTroll » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:06 am

... making it to the top of that last ridge and collapsing in the grass, letting the wind play over you as your shoulders and hips cry a sweet song and the backpack is off and you feel light. The shoes off, feet released to crisp fresh green under and smiling bright blue above and you take flight. Down the slope to the stream, wash and cool and refresh and play. Hours left before dark, and nobody speaks because there is no say, only be and do, everyone alone together.

/looks forward to summer soooo much!

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:56 pm

that's a good one QT. that reminds me of one.

when I was kid about eight, on a nice summer day, my brother and I and one our best freinds would go to the public swiming pool and spash around and almost drawn. piss in the pool and laugh and not tell. no home with butts itching on hot vinyal car seat with sun and heat no ac and lots of traffic, can't wait to get home, itching burnnig in the summer sun. shower, dry off, clean clothes.

go down to the afternoon moive, earth vs flying saucers or something, and huge stack of comics and popcycles, feeling clean, dry, and like we'd been rung out. I recall that first moment of getting dressed again and going down tot he comics and the goodies, and feeling so great.

Man I remember summer days as a child at my old Oak cliff house as being like heaven.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief