Greatest I am is banned for 2 weeks

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

doxaws
Site Admin
Greatest I am is banned for 2 weeks

Post by doxaws » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:00 pm

I told you stop pushing the graphics. you know you were testing my will. Now you know I'm willing to ban you. next time for good.

here are your ideas. I will answer them and when you come back if you are willing to discuss it we can.

GIA's Post on Trinity:

Jesus as God is problematic.

If you believe in the trinity, you would have to explain how in the beginning, Jesus was alive before his mother was even born.

You would also have to contend with the virgin birth.
That concept was around much earlier than Christianity in other religions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr767bZQWFw&feature=fvw

there was a second You Tube thing here but I took it off because it doesn't say anything. literally it's just a You Tube portal to a bunch of other things.

To believe in it would mean that you would have to breed God, one species, with man, a different species. In modern terms we call this bestiality. Not a good epithet to hang on a God.
It is also problematic to have God use another mans woman. That sound too much like coveting another man’s wife. It also shows a God that needs a human, his own mother in fact, to reproduce himself as Jesus/God.
If Jesus was in the beginning as part of the trinity then we would end up with two Jesus’.

It sounds strange to me that God would also have to use a woman to reproduce himself. That would make his mate his own mother. In modern terms, that is incest.

To think that God would break the rules of bestiality, and incest and create a paradox of living before his mother, would I think, be wrong.

Further, to think that God would have such problems getting man on track that he would have to tweak his perfect creations also shows a God that somehow failed to start us up the right way and we know that this is impossible for God because it would mean that he is incompetent.

We should all believe that God gets things right the first time and every time.

As to the vicarious redemption of Jesus, this was arguably rejected by God as immoral.
Why have you forsaken me, is answered by, it is immoral.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/vicarious_atonement.htm

The last reason I have a problem with Jesus as God is that scripture has him resurrecting and his body living forever in heaven.
This cannot be as he never ate of the tree of life. He then could not be immortal. At least not his human part.

To believe that Jesus is God one also has to buy into the notion that miracles of all kinds are real.
No proof of any miracle exists and I think that if God wanted man to believe in such a thing, he would have left a sample here for us to ponder.

Do you have faith in Jesus?

If so,

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Do your thing. There are about 50,000 children that starve to death yearly. Time for you to show what faith can do.

Do you have faith in Jesus?
Are miracles real?

Regards

doxaws
Site Admin

Re: Greatest I am is banned for 2 weeks

Post by doxaws » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:06 pm

I will get to the ideas in the post in a bit. But the first You tube thing that he links to is mindless a histoircal myther crap.

It quotes a passage from the NT found on a wall at the Vatican (it does not identify the NT as the source, which I find highly dishonest, but does try to pass it off as coming originally from a Mithrist temple). The problem is Mithra stuff on their temples walls never pre dates the time of st. Paul. We have no Mithra stuff that is older than the latest parts of the NT. We do know from the work of Cumont that Mithrism was influenced by Christianity!

Mythers have it backwards, their buss shit about Christianity copying Mithrism is actully backwards and mythrism copied Christianity.

the third link he gives is to an extract from some occult book (first wave new age) by a woman named Annie Kingsford I think she was the first wife of Mary Dailies husband, she was in the ranks of Blavatski and Daily and those guys.

those are the guys who thought the anti-Christ was good.

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:49 pm

doxaws wrote:I will get to the ideas in the post in a bit.
Why bother? (serious question)

-sgtt
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

met

Post by met » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:48 pm

There are about 50,000 children that starve to death yearly.
really, its more like 40,000 . . .but daily, not yearly

(. . . .and oh yeh GIA, yeh, miracles ARE real. . .)
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:18 pm

sgttomas wrote:
doxaws wrote:I will get to the ideas in the post in a bit.
Why bother? (serious question)

-sgtt

expertize! :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief