we don't want argument we want facts

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
we don't want argument we want facts

Post by Metacrock » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:04 am

Atheists often set up that dichotomy in response to God arguments: apologetic = argument, science = fact. But argumemt plays a major role in science as well. I am not saying that scientific facts are merry arguments, but argument plays a much ore important role in the makimng of fact and in applying facts to generate new theory than is often realized. Apologetocs extrapolates from fact to produce argument,both processes entail a dialectic of fact and argument.

as usual please read article comment on blog and discuss it here,

http://metacrock.blogspot.com/2017/02/s ... -make.html
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

The Pixie

Re: we don't want argument we want facts

Post by The Pixie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:06 am

Metacrock wrote:Atheists often set up that dichotomy in response to God arguments: apologetic = argument, science = fact....
Can you actually support this claim.

I would never say that; I am sure no knowledgeable atheist would either. If you are citing random guys off the internet, then we might as well berate all Christianity for creationism, which I am sure is a far more popular position.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:46 am

The Pixie wrote:
Metacrock wrote:Atheists often set up that dichotomy in response to God arguments: apologetic = argument, science = fact....

I would never say that; I am sure no knowledgeable atheist would either. If you are citing random guys off the internet, then we might as well berate all Christianity for creationism, which I am sure is a far more popular position.
you are above average, you are not a typical guy on message board.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

JBSptfn

Post by JBSptfn » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Metacrock wrote:
The Pixie wrote:

you are above average, you are not a typical guy on message board.
Unlike Im Skeptical, who is in an argument right now with BK (on BK's most recent CADRE post about God revealing himself). He is repeating the tired canard about how faith is believing without evidence.