link to my blog

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
link to my blog

Post by Metacrock » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:54 pm

http://metacrock.blogspot.com/

my website: The Religous a priori

http://religiousapriori.blogspot.com/

see my poltical blog:Need more Shovels.

http://needmoreshovels.blogspot.com/

see my report on people's reactions on my political blog Need more Shovels

are health care costs rising due to "Obama care?" Is the bill a big disaster?

by my book the Trace of God.

Look at my book trailer, like it, make a positive comment. help get it seen by others on you tube. please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tGmDnyI7Aw
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

KR Wordgazer

Re: link to my blog

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks for posting that! Now there should be a way to give it "announcement" status so that it always stays at the top of the forum. :D That way it's easy to get there from here.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:59 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:Thanks for posting that! Now there should be a way to give it "announcement" status so that it always stays at the top of the forum. :D That way it's easy to get there from here.
right a stickie.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Newberg in Why god wont Go Away
"A skeptic might suggest that a biological origin to all spiritual longings and experiences, including the universal human yearning to connect with something divine, could be explained as a delusion caused by the chemical misfiring of a bundle of nerve cells. But …After years of scientific study, and careful consideration of the a neurological process that has evolved to allow us humans to transcend material existence and acknowledge and connect with a deeper, more spiritual part of ourselves perceived of as an absolute, universal reality that connects us to all that is."(p10)

"…Tracing spiritual experience to neurological behavior does not disprove its realness. If God does exist, for example, and if He appeared to you in some incarnation, you would have no way of experiencing His presence, except as part of a neurologically generated rendition of reality. You would need auditory processing to hear his voice, visual processing to see His face, and cognitive processing to make sense of his message. Even if he spoke to you mystically, without words, you would need cognitive functions to comprehend his meaning, and input form the brain’s emotional centers to fill you with rapture and awe. Neurology makes it clear: there is no other way for God to get into your head except through the brain’s neural pathways. Correspondingly, God cannot exist as a concept or as reality anyplace else but in your mind. In this sense, both spiritual experiences and experiences of a more ordinary material nature are made real to the mind in the very same way—through the processing powers of the brain and the cognitive functions of the mind. Whatever the ultimate nature of spiritual experience might be—weather it is in fact an actual perception of spiritual reality—or merely an interpretation of sheer neurological function—all that is meaningful in human spirituality happens in the mind. In other words, the mind is mystical by default."(p37)