Morality Of torture

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

ZAROVE
Morality Of torture

Post by ZAROVE » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:51 pm

I wondr what everyones htoguths are on the mroality o he use of Torture to extract informaiton.

I have my own views, but will see what others say firts.

Metacrock

Re: Morality Of torture

Post by Metacrock » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:16 pm

trying to talk to skeptic boy Lee! he was good at extracting information, but he didn't know what to do with it.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:00 pm

Can it be right to deliberately inflict pain on another? If not, then the end does not justify the means.

That's about all I can think of to say on this issue; I have not spent large amounts of time examining my views from every angle, but it seems pretty cut-and-dried to me.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Theognosis

Post by Theognosis » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:42 am

Why hurt them when giving ecstacy tablets is much more effective?

:o

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:24 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:Can it be right to deliberately inflict pain on another? If not, then the end does not justify the means.

That's about all I can think of to say on this issue; I have not spent large amounts of time examining my views from every angle, but it seems pretty cut-and-dried to me.

I agree of course. I was trying to be cute and say that talking to this atheist that used to be on SON was torture in itself. It was. you should have known him.

but I agree it is imoral and that's one reason I'm totally aganist Bush. he's a major hypocrite.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief