a friend argued against Clinton

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
a friend argued against Clinton

Post by Metacrock » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:49 am

how do you answer?

government contracts to friends, friends of Chelsea, etc..
- a plethora of interviews,books and articles written by former Clinton staff, State Trooper Body Guards, Secret Service Agents, marine helicopter pilots etc... (The crew of the Marine One helicopter nick-named the craft "Broomstick One" after Hillary)
- e.g.
"Inside the White House" by Ronald Kessler
"America Evita" by Christopher Anderson
"The First Partner" (forget author)
"Unlimited Access" by former Agent-in-Charge, Gary Aldridge
"The Truth About Hillary" by Edwin Klein
"Crossfire"
"Dereliction of Duty"
... who all say Clinton is one of the most vile, corrupt, arrogant, power-hungry presidential candidates ever to seek office; when some people talk or get ready to talk, they mysteriously disappear.

And lots more but I haven't got the time to get into it all. This isn't my election although I am acutely aware of the fact that my little Canada, as always, is seriously impacted by the USA.

And don't think I'm any fan of Trudeau up here!
Bottom line Joe, and I don't mean this in a pessimistic way, is that although there will be some big differences in the US depending on who is in the White House, ultimately, it won't because virtually all national leaders are puppets of the those who control global affairs behind the scenes. These ARE the last days ...for I don't know how long...but definitely the 'birth pangs' are happening.
Chat Conversation End
Type a message...
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Jim B.

Re: a friend argued against Clinton

Post by Jim B. » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:32 pm

Metacrock wrote:how do you answer?

government contracts to friends, friends of Chelsea, etc..
- a plethora of interviews,books and articles written by former Clinton staff, State Trooper Body Guards, Secret Service Agents, marine helicopter pilots etc... (The crew of the Marine One helicopter nick-named the craft "Broomstick One" after Hillary)
- e.g.
"Inside the White House" by Ronald Kessler
"America Evita" by Christopher Anderson
"The First Partner" (forget author)
"Unlimited Access" by former Agent-in-Charge, Gary Aldridge
"The Truth About Hillary" by Edwin Klein
"Crossfire"
"Dereliction of Duty"
... who all say Clinton is one of the most vile, corrupt, arrogant, power-hungry presidential candidates ever to seek office; when some people talk or get ready to talk, they mysteriously disappear.

And lots more but I haven't got the time to get into it all. This isn't my election although I am acutely aware of the fact that my little Canada, as always, is seriously impacted by the USA.

And don't think I'm any fan of Trudeau up here!
Bottom line Joe, and I don't mean this in a pessimistic way, is that although there will be some big differences in the US depending on who is in the White House, ultimately, it won't because virtually all national leaders are puppets of the those who control global affairs behind the scenes. These ARE the last days ...for I don't know how long...but definitely the 'birth pangs' are happening.
Chat Conversation End
Type a message...
A lot of that is the product of the right wing machine. Demonizing Hillary has been a major industry with them for 25 years, and I do mean industry. We shouldn't minimize the profit motive in all of this. Always follow the money.

I'm not a big fan of Hillary. I think she's way too cozy with Wall St. I don't think she will even try to bring the systemic change we need. But I don't think she's a power-hungry demon either. I believe she wants power to genuinely try to better people's lives.

I agree with your friend about the real interests who exert the major influence behind the scenes, corporations and WTO, IMF, World bank, etc. But to acknowledge their influence is not an argument against voting. We can only do what we can do, and one of the surest ways people have to exert SOME change is through the ballot. As the saying goes, only 3 ways to exert power: the ballot, the bullet, or the wallet. Even tho the vested interests have embedded power, I do think that elections can have real, tho incremental, power, to change institutional power. I do think it would make a real difference whether Jeb Bush is in the WH as opposed to Lawrence Lessig or Ralph Nader, eg, especially if they represent a real grass roots political movement.

Metacrock

Re: a friend argued against Clinton

Post by Metacrock » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:40 pm

yea I agree Jim
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief