President Xi Jinping promises sweeping economic reform.

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

mdsimpson92
President Xi Jinping promises sweeping economic reform.

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:31 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/ ... 7820130516
Xi will present the reforms at a key meeting of the ruling Communist Party later this year that will set the agenda for the next decade, signaling his seriousness to see breakthroughs, the sources told Reuters.

Some of the sources cautioned that the reforms could face resistance from vested interests, especially state firms.

Broadly, the measures would liberalize interest rates and overhaul the fiscal system for local governments to ensure they had a steady stream of tax revenues rather than relying on volatile land sales to raise funds.

The reforms would also free up China's rigid residence registration, or hukou, system that precludes people from access to basic welfare services outside their official residence area, the sources said.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Re: President Xi Jinping promises sweeping economic reform.

Post by Metacrock » Sat May 18, 2013 10:48 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/ ... 7820130516
Xi will present the reforms at a key meeting of the ruling Communist Party later this year that will set the agenda for the next decade, signaling his seriousness to see breakthroughs, the sources told Reuters.

Some of the sources cautioned that the reforms could face resistance from vested interests, especially state firms.

Broadly, the measures would liberalize interest rates and overhaul the fiscal system for local governments to ensure they had a steady stream of tax revenues rather than relying on volatile land sales to raise funds.

The reforms would also free up China's rigid residence registration, or hukou, system that precludes people from access to basic welfare services outside their official residence area, the sources said.
another one.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:01 pm

This is actually part of their five year plan. Also, the fact is it is in their interests for this to happen. At least for the central government. The local government and the State Owned Companies on the other hand....

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun May 19, 2013 9:32 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:This is actually part of their five year plan. Also, the fact is it is in their interests for this to happen. At least for the central government. The local government and the State Owned Companies on the other hand....
five year plan, as I said, "another one?"

I saw a thing on tv today about China cracking down on decent again. They broadened the field of topics not to talk about.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:08 am

Metacrock wrote:
mdsimpson92 wrote:This is actually part of their five year plan. Also, the fact is it is in their interests for this to happen. At least for the central government. The local government and the State Owned Companies on the other hand....
five year plan, as I said, "another one?"

I saw a thing on tv today about China cracking down on decent again. They broadened the field of topics not to talk about.
While also opening medium level official open to limited exposure from the media. Their style is "soft" adaptive authoritarianism that responds to the the demands of the people in order to maintain party control.