stupid to picket funeral

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
stupid to picket funeral

Post by Metacrock » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:42 pm

some stupid group is going to picket Heath Ledgers funeral.

what are their demands: stop being dead! Don't bury him!

stupid. :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

ZAROVE

Re: stupid to picket funeral

Post by ZAROVE » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:10 pm

No one will picket Heath Ledgers funeral, because its oen of htose red carpet Hollywood fares, and we all know how Hollywood is...

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:31 pm

Actually, they will picket the funeral.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324966,00.html

And it's not just stupid, it's infuriating. It's this kind of thing that gives the atheists so much fuel for their fires.

First, these radical fundamentalist Christians think they have the inside scoop on a man's eternal destiny. Only God knows the heart. Haven't they read that anywhere in their Bibles?
Second, they trample all over the legitimate grief of the man's family and friends. Is that of Christ?
Third, they think they have a mandate from God to act this way. But "If I speak with the tongues of men and angels, and have not love, I am sounding brass and a clanging cymbal."

Do they imagine it just might be possible that it is they who someday will say, "Lord, we did all this in Your Name?" And He will say, "Depart from Me, I never knew you." It's not mine to say. But I can say that an act against love, even if done in the Name of Jesus, is not an act He approves.

If they feel they must preach against homosexuality, then they can do so-- though personally, I think they are misreading the Scriptures. But this isn't preaching against a sin, it's attacking a human being and ruining the last act of memorial love with which any human being deserves to leave this earth.

It just makes me furious. They have given the enemies of God great occasion to blaspheme. And they are driving people away from Christ.
Wag more.
Bark less.

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:01 pm

WESTBORO is not radical, extreme Fundamentalism. They are simply publicity seekers, who do not do this in the interest of furthering the cause of Christ.

The reasn for ther anrtics, from picketing funerals to erecting mnuments, is simply to get them the childish gratification of attention.

hey, collecticley, care about that, not winning the lost for Christ. In fact, aleinating mroe form Christ only gives them more targets for thir self-fulfillment.

But I'd not call them radical fundamentalists. hey do not preahc FUndamentList Christianty. A ctually he preachign done in the Westboro Churhc is limited ot a few jey topics, in which a few select verses ar eused, and repeated commentart is mad eon how sinful others are.

Fundamentalism asusmes adherants to the asic tenets of Christianity and a core undertadign of its values, which Westboro doens't have.

They are attetion seekers, nothign more.

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:05 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:Actually, they will picket the funeral.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324966,00.html

And it's not just stupid, it's infuriating. It's this kind of thing that gives the atheists so much fuel for their fires.

First, these radical fundamentalist Christians think they have the inside scoop on a man's eternal destiny. Only God knows the heart. Haven't they read that anywhere in their Bibles?
Second, they trample all over the legitimate grief of the man's family and friends. Is that of Christ?
Third, they think they have a mandate from God to act this way. But "If I speak with the tongues of men and angels, and have not love, I am sounding brass and a clanging cymbal."

Do they imagine it just might be possible that it is they who someday will say, "Lord, we did all this in Your Name?" And He will say, "Depart from Me, I never knew you." It's not mine to say. But I can say that an act against love, even if done in the Name of Jesus, is not an act He approves.

If they feel they must preach against homosexuality, then they can do so-- though personally, I think they are misreading the Scriptures. But this isn't preaching against a sin, it's attacking a human being and ruining the last act of memorial love with which any human being deserves to leave this earth.

It just makes me furious. They have given the enemies of God great occasion to blaspheme. And they are driving people away from Christ.
Hello, Wordgazer,
I agree with you that these people do not represent the love of God at all, but as Jesus said, by their fruits you will know them. As my husband would say, "they showed their butts." As infuriating as it is to be blamed for another so-called Christian's outrageously hateful acts, I guess it is what is going to separate the sheep from the goats.They will know us for the love that we have one to another. I hope we get to discuss some interesting issues here on Meta's new board. We seem to be likeminded from what I read so far.
Blessings,
unred :mrgreen:
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:09 pm

Metacrock wrote:some stupid group is going to picket Heath Ledgers funeral.

what are their demands: stop being dead! Don't bury him!

stupid. :mrgreen:
:lol: :D :lol: Now where did I leave my rolling LOL head? :mrgreen: :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow:
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.