This guy is gotta be kidding - right?

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
Socius
This guy is gotta be kidding - right?

Post by Socius » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Now I've heard it all!! The lengths people go. Not sure if this guy is an atheist, but his logic is seriously flawed. It shows how a person can develop an elaborate theory on poor foundational understanding.
http://www.mountainman.com.au/essenes/

Summary of this guy's thesis: Christianity was created by Constantine. There was no Christianity or Jesus prior to Constantine's reign.
socius

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge" - Bertrand Russell

Socius

Re: This guy is gotta be kidding - right?

Post by Socius » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:17 pm

It appears that where his logic is leading, if I'm getting it right, is that the many diverse biblical manuscripts and even Christians such as Irenaeus, Marcion, Justi Martyr, etc, with all their diversity, were a creation in order to fabiricate a Christian history so as to full the masses.
socius

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge" - Bertrand Russell

Metacrock

Re: This guy is gotta be kidding - right?

Post by Metacrock » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:56 pm

that's just the ferment of the Secular Web self made bible scholar Jesus mything thing. They have a whole anti-academy of crack pots whot think their lack of training is a better qualification for Biblical scholarship than actual degrees, so they are Jesus mths so the whoel myth thing has blown up into a huge deal. Everything connected with Christianity is false. It has not place to stop until they finally begin to argue that Christianity never existed. They can't reign in their stupidity.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief