Are Symbols "primary"?

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

sgttomas
Re: Are Symbols "primary"?

Post by sgttomas » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:30 am

BTW, where do you find this stuff!??!?!?!?!
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

met

Post by met » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:19 pm

BTW, where do you find this stuff!??!?!?!?!
[met puts on his best, meanest, Clint Eastwood voice]:
I was lucky iwn the order, but I've always been lucky when it comes to finding killer quotes!
:oops: :twisted:
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:05 am

ooooooooooooooo

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

met

Post by met » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:57 pm

. hooooray! I read QM's entire book suspended in dread. It was...."nope, didn't understand anything of that paragraph....no, that is impenetrable.....dunno what Kantianism is....Oh! That paragraph makes sense"....and hoping those diversions through philosophical history really weren't very important to get the gist of what he was saying. lmao!!!
I know! :shock: Mine like that, my first exposure to this stuff, was Malabou's book on Heidegger which I read about three years ago, so I was all like .... WT***** :o ?... & really, it was that bad, I could barely find a comprehensible paragraph anywhere! .... But I persevered ... And eventually, after picking up two or three primer books on Heidegger, I started to get a few clues ....then afterwards, I went on to read some more stuff like that, MJR's books, etc .....so, when I finally got to QM (whom of course I'd already heard of cuz he'd already acquired plenty of notoriety in such circles) it was, for me, maybe a bit easier ....

Some of it, the level of difficulty - as I've noticed in readings of MJR, Butler, Clayton Crockett, Graham Harmon, etc - really is that underlying French mindset: an aspect comes across even in translations, the kinda longwinded, segued Euro/Francois "meandering-style-of-thinking" that us NA Anglos perhaps even lack the patience to be able to navigate properly .... so yeah, the American continentals tend to be a *bit* more accessible . :o
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:53 am

It's like the anti-Feynman learning technique.

-sgtt

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:17 am

LOL (laughing to myself)...I got daydreaming today wherein I end up in the vicinity of two Gender Studies professors, say at a trendy downtown bistro or something. Of course, I can't help myself but to interrupt them and call into question the validity of, like...their existence, I guess. And I imagine them throwing some Foucaultian-type ish back at me, fully with the intent to bedazzle and silence me, this silly "man" wearing working man's clothes. And I just turn to them and say something like, "I don't think you fully appreciate Meillassoux's arche fossil, perhaps you should read After Finitude again. If you've lost your copy, you can have mine".

*mic drop*

(and then hope like hell that the mere fact that I could pull that reference would be enough to shame them into finding a real job)

~*~*~*~*~*~*

PHEW! Okay, that was a bit of pent-up something-or-other I needed to get off my chest.
Thanks!

-sgtt

(oh....and this must have been written by an American https://larvalsubjects.wordpress.com/20 ... estrality/)