Memories of Halloween

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

KR Wordgazer
Memories of Halloween

Post by KR Wordgazer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 pm

Happy Halloween, everyone! Here's a place to share your best Halloween memories.
Last edited by KR Wordgazer on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wag more.
Bark less.

KR Wordgazer

Re: Memories of Halloween

Post by KR Wordgazer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:20 pm

Here's some of my memories:

When I was a kid it was the mid-1960s. Mom decorated the house with cutout witches and bats made with stencils and black or orange construction paper. We would start planning our costumes, and what faces to put on our pumpkins, weeks in advance.

We lived high in the Rocky Mountains, and the houses in our little community were few and far between. Every year one of the mothers would volunteer to drive all the kids (there were around ten of us) around to all the houses (about 20 of them). Usually it would be very cold, and often it would be snowing. Everyone knew everyone else, and at every house we'd be invited in and asked to take off our coats to show off our costumes. At some houses we'd be offered cocoa. Often the treats would be homemade popcorn balls or caramel apples.
Wag more.
Bark less.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:14 pm

I can't really say I have any particular Halloween memories. My family doesn't really celebrate it. I remember once when I was in a Bug's Bunny outfit. I couldn't see where I was going and it was super-hot on the inside. Not the most comfortable of days.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:25 am

Oh, remember going around my first time with a mask & jacket. Dark, cold, scary. I was the eldest of the family, so I just joined my next door neighbors and followed my possee around about 20 houses. Since my English wasn't great, I just watched until I got it. Back in the 60s parents didn't take their kids Trick or Treating.

Oh, and I was sufficiently excited, scared and uncertain. So it was fun.
Time taken to breathe is time taken for peace.