Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator: Metacrock

JBSptfn
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by JBSptfn » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:48 am

In 1983, NBC had a show out called The Rousters that aired on Saturday Nights. It was supposed to "sink the Love Boat", but was cancelled after six episodes (the other six aired in the summer of 1984). It starred Chad Everett (of Medical Center fame), Mimi Rogers, and Jim Varney of Ernest P. Worrell fame (his character isn't too different from Ernest). Here is the pilot episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyZqR2gGOk

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 9958
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:54 am

JBSptfn wrote:In 1983, NBC had a show out called The Rousters that aired on Saturday Nights. It was supposed to "sink the Love Boat", but was cancelled after six episodes (the other six aired in the summer of 1984). It starred Chad Everett (of Medical Center fame), Mimi Rogers, and Jim Varney of Ernest P. Worrell fame (his character isn't too different from Ernest). Here is the pilot episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyZqR2gGOk
what was it about?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

JBSptfn
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by JBSptfn » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Metacrock wrote:
JBSptfn wrote:In 1983, NBC had a show out called The Rousters that aired on Saturday Nights. It was supposed to "sink the Love Boat", but was cancelled after six episodes (the other six aired in the summer of 1984). It starred Chad Everett (of Medical Center fame), Mimi Rogers, and Jim Varney of Ernest P. Worrell fame (his character isn't too different from Ernest). Here is the pilot episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyZqR2gGOk
what was it about?
It was about the descendants of Wyatt Earp. Wyatt Earp III (Chad Everett) plays a bouncer at a traveling carnival, and he lives in a trailer with his mother and his younger brother (played by Varney).

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 9958
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:05 am

JBSptfn wrote:
Metacrock wrote:
JBSptfn wrote:In 1983, NBC had a show out called The Rousters that aired on Saturday Nights. It was supposed to "sink the Love Boat", but was cancelled after six episodes (the other six aired in the summer of 1984). It starred Chad Everett (of Medical Center fame), Mimi Rogers, and Jim Varney of Ernest P. Worrell fame (his character isn't too different from Ernest). Here is the pilot episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixyZqR2gGOk
what was it about?
It was about the descendants of Wyatt Earp. Wyatt Earp III (Chad Everett) plays a bouncer at a traveling carnival, and he lives in a trailer with his mother and his younger brother (played by Varney).
I remember that. I kind of liked that show.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

JBSptfn
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by JBSptfn » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:37 pm

I remember that. I kind of liked that show.
I remember that coming out the same year as the show Webster (with Emmanuel Lewis) on ABC. I watched that show that year, but not The Rousters for some reason.

It's too bad that Webster lasted longer than The Rousters, because that show seemed more entertaining than Webster (I hope to find more eps of the Rousters someday to see if I am right. That movie is all I could find so far).

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 9958
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:50 am

JBSptfn wrote:
I remember that. I kind of liked that show.
I remember that coming out the same year as the show Webster (with Emmanuel Lewis) on ABC. I watched that show that year, but not The Rousters for some reason.

It's too bad that Webster lasted longer than The Rousters, because that show seemed more entertaining than Webster (I hope to find more eps of the Rousters someday to see if I am right. That movie is all I could find so far).
I didn't like Webster. It seemed unrealistic and brogues. It may have been ahead of it's time.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Jim B.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:36 am

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Jim B. » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:13 pm

"My So-Called Life" was good and canceled after one season. Also a show called "Way Out" kinda like the Twilight Zone canceled after a half season, I think.

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 9958
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:11 am

Jim B. wrote:"My So-Called Life" was good and canceled after one season. Also a show called "Way Out" kinda like the Twilight Zone canceled after a half season, I think.
when was way out on?

way back about 68 a show called he and she was Dick Benjamin Paula Princitce. pretty good. I know Jim liked it too. my brother Ray liked it.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Jim B.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:36 am

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Jim B. » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Metacrock wrote:
Jim B. wrote:"My So-Called Life" was good and canceled after one season. Also a show called "Way Out" kinda like the Twilight Zone canceled after a half season, I think.
when was way out on?

way back about 68 a show called he and she was Dick Benjamin Paula Princitce. pretty good. I know Jim liked it too. my brother Ray liked it.
Way Out was on in 1961, just 14 episodes. Hosted by Roald Dahl, it was one of the last, if not the last, prime-time shows shot in NYC. I remember He and She - a good show.

User avatar
Metacrock
Posts: 9958
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Jim B. wrote:
Metacrock wrote:
Jim B. wrote:"My So-Called Life" was good and canceled after one season. Also a show called "Way Out" kinda like the Twilight Zone canceled after a half season, I think.
when was way out on?

way back about 68 a show called he and she was Dick Benjamin Paula Princitce. pretty good. I know Jim liked it too. my brother Ray liked it.
Way Out was on in 1961, just 14 episodes. Hosted by Roald Dahl, it was one of the last, if not the last, prime-time shows shot in NYC. I remember He and She - a good show.
Naked City was shot in New York I believe it was on until 1964.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Post Reply