HOT foods

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

QuantumTroll
Re: HOT foods

Post by QuantumTroll » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:31 am

Haha, I laughed when I saw the habanero up there. I brought one to high school once. That story ends up with a fire alarm going off, one guy crying and puking and another guy getting a week's suspension. So yes, they can be bad. I should add that the crying and puking guy only had himself to blame and learned a well-deserved lesson.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:18 am

QuantumTroll wrote:Haha, I laughed when I saw the habanero up there. I brought one to high school once. That story ends up with a fire alarm going off, one guy crying and puking and another guy getting a week's suspension. So yes, they can be bad. I should add that the crying and puking guy only had himself to blame and learned a well-deserved lesson.
ahahahaah! the first time I had one it wasn't that bad but it felt like it. I was alone in the kitchen just bought them at the store becuase they looked pretty. I bit into one and man! tip, milk sooths better than water for hot peppers. The thing that makes it hot is blood vessels contracting. Not sure why milk works better but form experience and I've heard others say it.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

fleetmouse

Post by fleetmouse » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm

I found scotch bonnets at the grocery store and made hot sauce with them tonight. Sweet mother of Satan that's some hot stuff. But absolutely delicious! Scotch bonnets have a pungent, sweet fruitiness that's hard to describe. There's something almost sweaty about the flavor, but in a nice way, if that makes any sense.

QT, I want to hear how that fire alarm went off. Did the crying guy pull it in panic?

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:49 am

fleetmouse wrote:I found scotch bonnets at the grocery store and made hot sauce with them tonight. Sweet mother of Satan that's some hot stuff. But absolutely delicious! Scotch bonnets have a pungent, sweet fruitiness that's hard to describe. There's something almost sweaty about the flavor, but in a nice way, if that makes any sense.

QT, I want to hear how that fire alarm went off. Did the crying guy pull it in panic?
what the hell is a scotch bonnet? :?:

fleetmouse

Post by fleetmouse » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:13 am

They grow them in the Caribbean. Supposed to be about the same heat as habaneros. I wouldn't eat a whole one raw. Or wear one as a bonnet.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:28 am

fleetmouse wrote:Image

They grow them in the Caribbean. Supposed to be about the same heat as habaneros. I wouldn't eat a whole one raw. Or wear one as a bonnet.
they look just like bell peppers.

fleetmouse

Post by fleetmouse » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:21 am

They're much smaller though, about the size of a strawberry, and they're always deeply creased and crushed looking like the tam o'shanter hat they're named after. If you ever mistake one for a bell pepper you're gonna have a bad time. :mrgreen:

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:59 am

where dose horse radish come in the world of hot stuff? I've had some that stops me breathing. Is it a pepper too?

fleetmouse

Post by fleetmouse » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:01 pm

I think horseradish is a root.

Now THIS stuff:

This is insanely hot and delicious. If there's a Jamaican or West Indies grocery near you they probably have it. A tiny dab is a tasty inferno.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 am

ahahah continuing your hobby of hot foods. Do they corrode your stomach lining?