I arued bigfoot on CARM

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
I arued bigfoot on CARM

Post by Metacrock » Thu May 03, 2012 11:29 am

it came up. they kept comparing it God bleief. and they kept saying there's no reason to believe in Bigfoot.

here's the case I made:

(1) Dermal ridges. They go sideways. this is proved by a world famous forensic researcher. It may be that one hoaxer got it wrong and had them go sideways but they have several sets. Why would a hoaxer say "Ok let's put these in sideways that it'll be different." Then to think that several groups hoaxers went around the country doing it. come on.

(2) a huge number of tracks have been found and they have been found all over the country in place people hardly ever go. Why would a hoaxer put them out in such places?

(3) some tracks have toe spans that differ with each step. this is one of the major ways to tell if it's a hoax, becasue a carved wodden shoe of a track can't change the toe span with each step the way a real foot does--they have many such tracks.

(4) The mid teasel break. Human feel don't have it, ape feet to. BF tracks have them (several versions have them) and no hoaxer would know to do that. It would have to e anatomy expert. even some anthropologists don't know about them. Jeff Maldrume is anatomy expert and he knows about them. he's found them on many tracks.

(5) New explosion of phone cameras has led to a vast number of good pictures. Facebook find Bigfoot researchers, while not perfect,and sometimes they go over board have good analysis of what you are looking at. they have 20 pix that rea really good and probably not hoaxed nd can be demonstrated not to be hoaxes.

no hoaxer would to the the length to become an anatomy expert to find an actor who do inline step and passive gait and other things that they show and go out in the middle of nowhere and do it hundreds of times and flood youtube with it.

You have so many if those were all hoaxes it should be as common to do that as it is to get your teeth fixed. I don't know anyone who puts on a suit and goes out to the middle of nowhere to look for BFRO guys to fool. do you?

(6) the sightings generally follow water. if they were just made up they would be randomly distributed.

(7) they have tons of scat they have lots of hair samples, they have good DNA evidence that shows it to be primate DNA.

(8) Native American stuff

ape carvings form north America. there was a guy who was an anthropologist in the turn of the century (1900) and he assembled a bunch of Native American art depicting "the big Hairy man" and he showed it to anthropologists telling them what it was they said 'It doesn't look at all like an ape." He showed to anther group of anthropology telling them they were from Africa and they said "these are remarkable representations fo apes." when the told them they were from North America they became outraged and called him a liar.

it's all over the place. pictographs on rocks by Native Americans in many places depict the time towaring figure.t he natives still say it's identified as "Cheyenne Tonka or big Hairy man."

those go back a thousand years. The American news papers before the modern Bigfoot media craze going back to the 1700s had them.

several journals from doctors, missionaries and anthropologists in the American fronter speak of seeing them and studying them. or they testify to the native American belief. Now some of those are silly accounts. Not all of them are.

to that LIberationsarah said "I can't believe you believe this stuff. tha'ts all crazy."
real sound sound argument there.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief