Merry Christmas!

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

fleetmouse
Merry Christmas!

Post by fleetmouse » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:54 am

Finally we got a light dusting of snow that looks like more than patches of dandruff on the grass so with a spot of luck it will stick around till Sunday... they claim it will be snowing on Sunday but I dunnoooooooo...

Unfortunately the missus put white lights on the Christmas tree. I think that's blasphemous. I like the old fashioned glass bulbs that come in blue, red, green, pink and yellow. Oh well.

Hope this holiday season finds you well and with your loved ones.

Cheers

f

Metacrock

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Metacrock » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:40 am

fleetmouse wrote:Finally we got a light dusting of snow that looks like more than patches of dandruff on the grass so with a spot of luck it will stick around till Sunday... they claim it will be snowing on Sunday but I dunnoooooooo...

Unfortunately the missus put white lights on the Christmas tree. I think that's blasphemous. I like the old fashioned glass bulbs that come in blue, red, green, pink and yellow. Oh well.

Hope this holiday season finds you well and with your loved ones.

Cheers

f
ahahaahhhah I"m with you on the light issue. I always thought Christmas is the only time we get to use colored lights, so they are very special and we can't pass up our chance to use them. That's how I thought about it the first time I saw white Christmas lights. I always wanted a white tree since I was four, and I never got one. In 50 years of Christmas celebration I never got a white tree. why don't I get one now? I don't mess with decs. I put up cards that I receive and I listen to music and watch all the Christmas stuff on tv and I don't bother with decs.

I agree I love those old kind of big soft colored lights that were like large tear drops and that blinked. The soft pastel multi-colored. I used to decorate the tree for my parents and we would turn out the other lights and watch it blink in the dark.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief