Antigreeting

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Antimatter
Antigreeting

Post by Antimatter » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Ah, I realized that I neglected to post a introduction, so hello all!

I followed Meta over from CARM, where I've posted for several years under various different names (each on a different incarnation of their boards). The name change was due to my shift in religious belief. I was a Christian interested in apologetics when I first found CARM, but now I'm a secular humanist who accepts metaphysical naturalism as the best philosophical explanation for our existence. (The labels "atheist" and "godless heathen" also apply, if you prefer.) I do not dogmatically assert my worldview, nor do I consider it incontrovertible, so I thank you in advance for withholding those accusations.

ZAROVE

Re: Antigreeting

Post by ZAROVE » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Well, Hello.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Antimatter wrote:Ah, I realized that I neglected to post a introduction, so hello all!

I followed Meta over from CARM, where I've posted for several years under various different names (each on a different incarnation of their boards). The name change was due to my shift in religious belief. I was a Christian interested in apologetics when I first found CARM, but now I'm a secular humanist who accepts metaphysical naturalism as the best philosophical explanation for our existence. (The labels "atheist" and "godless heathen" also apply, if you prefer.) I do not dogmatically assert my worldview, nor do I consider it incontrovertible, so I thank you in advance for withholding those accusations.

hey good to see you man. glad you made it. I am happy you are here. you are a fine opponent and a good dialogue partner and friend. I am glad to see you.I hope you stick around.

more interesting wtih a bit of friendly arugment. :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Welcome to the new forum! :D
Wag more.
Bark less.