Where'd everybody go?

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Jim B.
Re: Where'd everybody go?

Post by Jim B. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:35 pm

foresthome wrote:We'll I'm here, but it's 4 in the morning here and I am too fuzzy minded to even understand what the arguments are about (on the other forum discussions). Maybe you can tell me where the action is? but i wont' be able to intelligently comment until I read them for a day or more... Not sure if I can do cultural criticism or philosophy intelligently... my focus in religion is sort of, well, self-help religion.. so scientism is grist for the mill I'm afraid, sometimes thinking of the world plainly as just a material place seems like it makes the world a less anxious place... one where I don't have to think about so much. I don't have this mood all the time... but the psychology of why people accept certain religious views is important... my Catholic brother in law is really in to Zen right now... why do Catholics in particular which I found a very restrictive relgion growing up ... yet feel free to experiment like that?

Everybody's pretty much moved on to Joe's blog. (The dogs bark but the caravan moves on.) I don't like that as well since no one can start a discussion there other than Joe and it's harder for me to keep track of the discussions. I'll have to try your strategy fr anxiety. It hasn;t worked for me in the past, probably because I had trouble willing myself to believe it! I wish I could.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:53 pm

who is forest home?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:56 pm

foresthome wrote:We'll I'm here, but it's 4 in the morning here and I am too fuzzy minded to even understand what the arguments are about (on the other forum discussions). Maybe you can tell me where the action is? but i wont' be able to intelligently comment until I read them for a day or more... Not sure if I can do cultural criticism or philosophy intelligently... my focus in religion is sort of, well, self-help religion.. so scientism is grist for the mill I'm afraid, sometimes thinking of the world plainly as just a material place seems like it makes the world a less anxious place... one where I don't have to think about so much. I don't have this mood all the time... but the psychology of why people accept certain religious views is important... my Catholic brother in law is really in to Zen right now... why do Catholics in particular which I found a very restrictive relgion growing up ... yet feel free to experiment like that?
welcome to the board. good to see you, hope you stick around, ell us about yourself? I m Metacrock,Joe Hinman my board, well Its our board.I am a Christian trained as a historian in history of ideas.

Jim B.

Post by Jim B. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:27 pm

You know who Forest Home is.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:50 am

Jim B. wrote:You know who Forest Home is.
I know :mrgreen: