20 questions

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

met
Re: 20 questions

Post by met » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 pm

The Pixie wrote:Exactly a third of a year later...
met wrote:Well, no one here is responsible for church signs either, Px..... ;) :roll:
You guys represent Christianity, and Christianity is responsible for the signs, so...
See here:high
https://www.projectinspired.com/god-lov ... ividually/

Or here:
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

First, I think you got us confused with the Pope.....

Second, the "everyone personally" emphasis is a Prot theology thing (for some Prots, ie those who don't buy the Calvinistic limited atonement spin) extending basically from Martin Luther's "every man his own priest" kind of concept. The emph Prots give there has theo-historical roots, you see?

And even the famed John quote you just quoted, you might have noticed, says "the world" and not "everyone personally."

That is not necessarily the same thing...
Hmm, maybe the solution is for Christianity to stop lying about God loving us. That is the reason for talking at cross purposes. Christians saying God loves us each when actually they do not believe it, and then they go all :roll: :roll: :roll: when atheists take them at their word..
Jim gave a good answer! :o

I think maybe the more sophisticated and direct NT scripture might be the famed "God is love" from 1 John. But it's given in a context of emphasizing love within an early Xian community, so while God is in that relation, the direct recommended objects of that relation are solider, more concrete actual human individuals and/or the community itself.

... & prolly, if Xians did this better, we'd have to stand for less of these kinds of a-theological grillings, so..., but well, now, maybe I sound a little like the pope.... Sorry!
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Jim B.

Post by Jim B. » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Jim gave a good answer! :o

You thought I gave a good answer? You feelin' okay? ;)

met

Post by met » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:51 pm

What??? :shock: I didn't even know u ever read my posts! :o
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

met

Post by met » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:54 pm

It's good to be back on here, btw..... I love my byline here so much! Makes me laugh every time I see it! :o :lol: :o

:oops:
Dr Ward Blanton

Jim B.

Post by Jim B. » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:45 pm

met wrote:What??? :shock: I didn't even know u ever read my posts! :o
I try to, unless I'm involved in a real protracted debate of my own, usually with Pixie. Then if you're also into a long, in-the-weeds discussion yourself, it's hard to keep track of both. With someone else's discussion, I genreally have to follow it from the beginning and all the way through to understand what the f*&k is being said!

met

Post by met » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:31 pm

:D :D :D oh, I know you read my posts ... &'with bated breath' too! :o

No, j/k....but, someday, I would like to see what you actually wrote about all that Malabouan stuff I was mucking about with in my vain and feeble effort at a more original PoE "response" on Meta's blog, btw...
Dr Ward Blanton