Trinity

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Trinity

Post by Metacrock » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:24 am

Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Superfund

Re: Trinity

Post by Superfund » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:36 am

"Every minute of your life you have been operating inside of it—and everything you have ever experienced you have thusly created. You are in a partnership with God. We share an eternal covenant. My promise to you is to always give you what you ask. Your promise is to ask; to understand the process of the asking and the answering. I’ve already explained this process to you once. I’ll do so again, so that you clearly understand it.

You are a three-fold being. You consist of body, mind, and spirit. You could also call these the physical, the non-physical, and the meta-physical. This is the Holy Trinity, and it has been called by many names.

That which you are, I am. I am manifested as Three-In-One. Some of your theologians have called this Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Your psychiatrists have recognized this triumvirate and called it conscious, subconscious, and superconscious.

Your philosophers have called it the id, the ego, and the super ego. Science calls this energy, matter, and antimatter.

Poets speak of mind, heart, and soul. New Age thinkers refer to body, mind, and spirit.

Your time is divided into past, present, and future. Could this not be the same as subconscious, conscious, and super-conscious? Space is likewise divided into three: here, there, and the space between."

The Pixie

Post by The Pixie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:14 am

Superfund wrote:Your philosophers have called it the id, the ego, and the super ego.
That was Freud, so psycologists, not philosophers. These are three components of one thing. Is that really what the trinity is?
Science calls this energy, matter, and antimatter.
Actually matter and antimatter are forms of energy.
Poets speak of mind, heart, and soul. New Age thinkers refer to body, mind, and spirit.
Okay...
Your time is divided into past, present, and future. Could this not be the same as subconscious, conscious, and super-conscious?
No, it could not.
Space is likewise divided into three: here, there, and the space between."
Wrong. Space is divided into "inner" and "outer".

Jim B.

Post by Jim B. » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:23 pm

The Pixie wrote:
Superfund wrote:Your philosophers have called it the id, the ego, and the super ego.
That was Freud, so psycologists, not philosophers. These are three components of one thing. Is that really what the trinity is?
Science calls this energy, matter, and antimatter.
Actually matter and antimatter are forms of energy.
Okay...
Your time is divided into past, present, and future. Could this not be the same as subconscious, conscious, and super-conscious?
No, it could not.
Space is likewise divided into three: here, there, and the space between."
Wrong. Space is divided into "inner" and "outer".

You have committed the "trinity of errors": wrong assumption, wrong perception, wrong conclusion. ;)

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:13 am

ahahahahahahahahhah :D

good one Jim
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief