what do I mean by the word "God"

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
what do I mean by the word "God"

Post by Metacrock » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:39 am

This is what an atheist asked me on comment section of secular outpost. my answer:

Belief in God is not merely accepting one more thing in the universe, It'[s a world view involving the basis of reality,So to say:I believe God is...is also saying: I believable reality involves and an understanding of x y and z, that's going to get complex.

Ok with that understood, to satisfy the urge for a brief description: I do think God is not another thing in the cosmos but is the basis of all reality and thus a framework in which reality happens. That framework is analogous to mind in certain ways but can also be understood as the eternal and necessary aspect of being. In any case the important thing to note is that it is beyond our understanding but not beyond experience, therefore God cannot be a subject of empirical knowledge except indirectly, It is a subject of intimate existential and phenomenological apprehension.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Jim B.

Re: what do I mean by the word "God"

Post by Jim B. » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Metacrock wrote:This is what an atheist asked me on comment section of secular outpost. my answer:

Belief in God is not merely accepting one more thing in the universe, It'[s a world view involving the basis of reality,So to say:I believe God is...is also saying: I believable reality involves and an understanding of x y and z, that's going to get complex.

Ok with that understood, to satisfy the urge for a brief description: I do think God is not another thing in the cosmos but is the basis of all reality and thus a framework in which reality happens. That framework is analogous to mind in certain ways but can also be understood as the eternal and necessary aspect of being. In any case the important thing to note is that it is beyond our understanding but not beyond experience, therefore God cannot be a subject of empirical knowledge except indirectly, It is a subject of intimate existential and phenomenological apprehension.
That's well put. Just to play devil's advocate for a second, how do we know God is not beyond our experience? How can we be sure that what we experience is God? Is it possible we could be mistaken?

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:00 pm

RSA authentication key....

:?:
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Jim B. wrote:
Metacrock wrote:This is what an atheist asked me on comment section of secular outpost. my answer:

That's well put. Just to play devil's advocate for a second, how do we know God is not beyond our experience? How can we be sure that what we experience is God? Is it possible we could be mistaken?
I think the concept of god originates from those kinds of experiences we have come to think of as:mystical:"or peack or pure.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:14 pm

sgttomas wrote:RSA authentication key....

RSA? I think you are slipping man, you could be a bit more kryptic :mrgreen:

met

Post by met » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:56 pm

... an encryption code made with a really, really big number made by multiplying two (or more) really, really big prime numbers ... the Identity of which is undiscoverable by a clever algorithm, and "brute force" might take the fastest computer in the world a billion years or so....

Therefore, if you "stumble" on the answer....well, what are the chances that that "stumble" was a chance event?
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Jim B.

Post by Jim B. » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:43 pm

met wrote:... an encryption code made with a really, really big number made by multiplying two (or more) really, really big prime numbers ... the Identity of which is undiscoverable by a clever algorithm, and "brute force" might take the fastest computer in the world a billion years or so....

Therefore, if you "stumble" on the answer....well, what are the chances that that "stumble" was a chance event?
Interesting. How does that relate? Incorrigible revelation as the "answer" that we check our experiences against? Revelation is still an experience though...

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Metacrock wrote:
sgttomas wrote:RSA authentication key....

RSA? I think you are slipping man, you could be a bit more kryptic :mrgreen:
lolol
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:58 pm

Jim B. wrote:
met wrote:... an encryption code made with a really, really big number made by multiplying two (or more) really, really big prime numbers ... the Identity of which is undiscoverable by a clever algorithm, and "brute force" might take the fastest computer in the world a billion years or so....

Interesting. How does that relate? Incorrigible revelation as the "answer" that we check our experiences against? Revelation is still an experience though...
Well, this was definitely one of those intuitive leaps that I decided to put out there to see what would become of it. ....now I suppose I've gotta try and make sense of it. :lol:

God places encrypted files in our heart. This is the profound sense of meaning. It's "universal" . A necessary portion of the files can be unencrypted in our hearts. The result is peace and harmony, both inwardly and outwardly. That's what the heart is doing when checksum'ing the hash of those files it can decrypt. God created these keys within our heart.

God makes His presence known in our hearts, however we cannot unencrypt more than one or two of the files by ourselves since we don't have all of the authentication keys. Now, the specific part:

God has revealed Himself (His Will, His Attributes, His Holiness, etc.) through the Prophets who hold the keys to the encrypted files in our hearts. The Prophets are authenticated by signs and wonders, and by confirmation from subsequent Prophets (so the Prophets are like bitcoin, I guess). In comparison we can see the corrupt and false nature of human ideologies, which are all just vapour and vanity(those hashes only checksum in corrupted hearts).

In terms of the existence of "God", I find it sufficient to interpret the consistency of humanity's values as manifestations of the prophetic "truth". The alternative is meaninglessness. Or as met says, "what are the chances that that 'stumble' is a chance event?"

But perhaps it is just a chance event. Great! ....basically I come and brutally violate you, because,y'know....I can. And if you think you have a different theory, I'll come and educated you on how that actually works out for you. :twisted:

Peace,
-sgttomas

met

Post by met » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:17 pm

those hashes only checksum in corrupted hearts).
:D über-geek poetry! ... & yet you describe yourself as a literary white belt?! ...so much humility!
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton