in memory of Urbild (Scott Gross)

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
in memory of Urbild (Scott Gross)

Post by Metacrock » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:23 am

Scott was a good friend (poster here) I knew him for many years,(since my first message board on Inside the web back in 2000). He was brilliant, funny, sarcastic,insightful, Known mainly for his love of process theology and Pan psychism, he was a Doctoral candidate in theology at Irvine in California,. He studied with both Charles Hartshorne and D.Z. Philips.

Scott was the one who convinced me to go ahead a write a book without Ph,D. great story, he was assigned to drive Schubert Ogden around Irvine when he lectured there, Ogden was Perkin's answer to the Housman character on the Paper chance, a real tyrant yes I had him for two classes. Ogden insisted that they go his route to get to the school and he got them totally lost, Scott pulled over and said "Doctor Ogdenm you are a world famous and greatv theologian,and I really admire your work. But I live here, you stick to theology and i will drive."

I just emailed him a week or so ago and ask him how he was.No answer. I will miss him,
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

sgttomas

Re: in memory of Urbild (Scott Gross)

Post by sgttomas » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:05 am

All of URBILD's posts here:

http://doxa.ws/forum/search.php?author_id=104&sr=posts

I know we will all miss him. Good friends....

http://doxa.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6& ... 665#p14665

Peace.

(repost from "Relax" forum)
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

Metacrock

Re: in memory of Urbild (Scott Gross)

Post by Metacrock » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:18 pm

thanks man
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief