Science one gene away from distroying religion?

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Science one gene away from distroying religion?

Post by Metacrock » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:59 am

http://metacrock.blogspot.com/2016/10/i ... ating.html

pleawev coe and comment on my blog? no one is commenting anymore and it;s like a ghoest town ,please come on, comment there discuss here
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

met

Re: Science one gene away from distroying religion?

Post by met » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:19 pm

The contradition is obvious. Given all their own presuppositions, it follows that IF there is a 'religious gene' it will always be expressed somehow, doesn't it? Resistance is futile! 'Reason', which is already repudiated by all the "mind science" disciplines -- psychology, neuroscience and (to an extent) AI reaseach and cognitive science- can't possibly win - cf Mag's 'blind brain theory' guy on the other thread

That's what so weird to me......
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Jim B.

Post by Jim B. » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:27 pm

met wrote:The contradition is obvious. Given all their own presuppositions, it follows that IF there is a 'religious gene' it will always be expressed somehow, doesn't it? Resistance is futile! 'Reason', which is already repudiated by all the "mind science" disciplines -- psychology, neuroscience and (to an extent) AI reaseach and cognitive science- can't possibly win - cf Mag's 'blind brain theory' guy on the other thread

That's what so weird to me......
What thread is the 'blind brain theory' on, met?

met

Post by met » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Mag's Myth as Meth thread, mostly described in the links, & it takes a bit of reading to get the hang of it..

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2960
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:43 pm

can't you guys mke commemtsomn blog? Px did

Jim B.

Post by Jim B. » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Metacrock wrote:can't you guys mke commemtsomn blog? Px did
I've tried. I can't post a comment. It asks for my email password and when I enter it, it says wrong password, Is there a way to bypass all of that and just post a comment? Or I could just post my comment on here and you can post it for me?

met

Post by met » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:35 pm

Jim, I think you can post as Anon, then just add your name at the bottom as Px does!
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:57 am

Jim B. wrote:
Metacrock wrote:can't you guys mke commemtsomn blog? Px did
I've tried. I can't post a comment. It asks for my email password and when I enter it, it says wrong password, Is there a way to bypass all of that and just post a comment? Or I could just post my comment on here and you can post it for me?

I don't know. I think you need to sign up with google or something,

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:58 am

met wrote:Jim, I think you can post as Anon, then just add your name at the bottom as Px does!
right right right.

Jim B.

Post by Jim B. » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:12 pm

Metacrock wrote:
met wrote:Jim, I think you can post as Anon, then just add your name at the bottom as Px does!
right right right.
I'll try that . It's not like I had anything earth-shaking to say anyway. I was doing it as a favor to you.