I need your help

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

KR Wordgazer
Re: I need your help

Post by KR Wordgazer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Metacrock wrote:
KR Wordgazer wrote:Snopes on how "Xian" and "Xmas" are from the Latin for "Christ" and thus are not disrespectful towards Christ or Christians:

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmasabbr.asp
Yes I know. I think it's Greek, the Chi. but it's the way atheists constantly use it. I am not offended by met's use of it.
Right-- Greek, not Latin. I misspoke.
Wag more.
Bark less.

met

Post by met » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:46 am

'St, nope. I think the only time I ever talked to Graceshaker was once on Meta's old Numinous board, where I asked him to clarify something about some point he was making and we had a short (2-3 posts), civil, and iirc rather non-controversial exchange, so I don't really know the dude. Liked his 'Holy Wild' concept, tho, & I've seen his blogs before ... but I think that's "Later-period Graceshaker," as opposed to the CARM poster of the 2001-2003/4 era (pre-aarm & before the Great Atheist Migration) who was actually the primary suspect for being a trouble-causer and mischief-maker on one of Yoki's old boards, way back in the day.... :)
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:36 am

I was lijked to his blog for like 10 years he had n9ot put anything up in about 8. I just deleted the other day.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:38 am

I have pretty good proof that the stat counter is somehow n0t hooked up. It still says 0 page hits when three people have commented on the blog. So one counter overestimates the other under.

met

Post by met » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:09 am

That's typical .....they aren't real accurate.
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:45 am

met wrote:That's typical .....they aren't real accurate.
I put up another one it says I;m only getting one page visit today. I cant stand that. If they are reading it why don't they speak upz>

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:46 am

Metacrock wrote:
met wrote:That's typical .....they aren't real accurate.
I put up another one it says I;m only getting one page visit today. I cant stand that. If they are reading it why don't they speak upz>
I am closing down all my blogd. no more apologetics. No one cares, No one reads it,

met

Post by met » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Meta, you wrote that at 2 am on a holiday weekend! How much "today' has there been by then? - so many visitors you expect? You can't take counters literally, just relatively to former counts. They only show you trends....
Dr Ward Blanton

met

Post by met » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:07 pm

I'm not sure 'apologetics' exists much anymore, outside some arch-conservative, Evangelical circles with figures like Platinga or William Lane Craig. I think the "turn to postmodernism" among younger theologians undermines the duality implicit in that question, "Does God exist?" - and they tend to answer that with new questions - like, "what do we mean when we say 'God'" or "what does 'exist' mean?"

I think there's only one apologetical question: "does being have depth" - and that does not imply anything practical or even perhaps desirable, or any "candy" at all for people that 'the Church' can offer in return for believing; no telos or future, neither personal nor for the entire universe, nor any other wish-fufilment on behalf of humans is really necessary by God, just 'depth of being' is sufficient.
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:33 pm

met wrote:I'm not sure 'apologetics' exists much anymore, outside some arch-conservative, Evangelical circles with figures like Platinga or William Lane Craig. I think the "turn to postmodernism" among younger theologians undermines the duality implicit in that question, "Does God exist?" - and they tend to answer that with new questions - like, "what do we mean when we say 'God'" or "what does 'exist' mean?"

I think there's only one apologetical question: "does being have depth" - and that does not imply anything practical or even perhaps desirable, or any "candy" at all for people that 'the Church' can offer in return for believing; no telos or future, neither personal nor for the entire universe, nor any other wish-fufilment on behalf of humans is really necessary by God, just 'depth of being' is sufficient.
what in the hell are y9u talking about? trying to do a Kierkegaard thing? Depth of being is all about meaning. I think Tillich is making a come back, a cou0ple of years ago when I was writing that Tillich book I saw a huge upswing in Tillich stuff.