Back in I.C.U.

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Magritte
Re: Back in I.C.U.

Post by Magritte » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:38 am

Any news? Hope he's still on the mend...

I'm squaring around to replying in the consciousness thread and others... need a little more time and energy. "I try to be good hard-worker-man, but refrigemater so messy, so so messy"
One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

JBSptfn

Post by JBSptfn » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:41 pm

What's the word on Joe? Is he getting better?

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:24 pm

I spoke with Joe on the phone today. We talked for about 15 minutes. He is still at the rehab center and will probably be there for several more months. He is recovering well, though, and the infection is cleared up. He is undergoing physical therapy to restore his muscles, and the hole from his tracheotomy is healing.

Apparently it started with an infection in his legs that got so bad it went into his lungs, and he couldn't breathe and went into a coma. He was in a coma for about two months, and he remembers it as a dreaming state. He sounded good when we talked, and much more cheerful than the last time I talked to him (before all this happened). He is still planning to publish his next book.
Wag more.
Bark less.

JBSptfn

Post by JBSptfn » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:15 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:I spoke with Joe on the phone today. We talked for about 15 minutes. He is still at the rehab center and will probably be there for several more months. He is recovering well, though, and the infection is cleared up. He is undergoing physical therapy to restore his muscles, and the hole from his tracheotomy is healing.

Apparently it started with an infection in his legs that got so bad it went into his lungs, and he couldn't breathe and went into a coma. He was in a coma for about two months, and he remembers it as a dreaming state. He sounded good when we talked, and much more cheerful than the last time I talked to him (before all this happened). He is still planning to publish his next book.
Yeah, he said before that he had infection with his legs. I am glad to hear that he is doing better, though. Praise the Lord!!!

BTW, you said he is doing another book. What is this one going to be about?

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Both Met and I talked to Metacrock just a few minutes ago. He sounds great! Had a great chat, he's in very good spirits. Lots of laughter and sharing. So glad he's made that come back. He appreciates all the support he's getting.

Bettawoman.
Time taken to breathe is time taken for peace.

Superfund

Post by Superfund » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:59 pm

So glad to hear that, the internet wouldn't be the same without him :)