good statments addmittng I'm smart

Metacrock vs All comers; other can also reserve. this is for 1x1 debate, please do not respond if you are not specifically demarcated as part of the debate.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Re: good statments addmittng I'm smart

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:23 am

Gwarlroge wrote:
Metacrock wrote:But that's not really true and it's not really the way I see things.

How do you see things?
But It is on the surface, the way it would look to other people who can't see what's going on inside me with God.

I guess eventually I'll get to a point where that will be healing and I wont need to remember good statements people make about me.
Hmm...why do you need to remember those statements now?

(I don't mean to be obtuse. You've said before that this is the biggest spiritual issue of your life, and I don't want to treat it lightly, like I have all the answers.)
every day for the past 10 years I've tried to argue wtih people who tell me I'm an iddiot. everything I say they act like it's stupid. so I have started beleiving it is all I ever hear. no one defends me no one helps me I'm alone. I am the only allie I have to face them down. they come at me 12 at a time and say real stupid insulting when I get mad ethey "O you are so so how you are God isnt' eral you can't be nice to me."
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:46 am

Wayne wrote:
Metacrock wrote: every day for the past 10 years I've tried to argue wtih people who tell me I'm an iddiot. everything I say they act like it's stupid. so I have started beleiving it is all I ever hear. no one defends me no one helps me I'm alone. I am the only allie I have to face them down. they come at me 12 at a time and say real stupid insulting when I get mad ethey "O you are so so how you are God isnt' eral you can't be nice to me."

Well, do you insult them back or threaten them?
no I love to be insutled. Of cousre it' snot like I'm definding myself God forbid that i shoudl do that. Chrsitins have no rights so dare not defend ourselves.

doxaws
Site Admin

Post by doxaws » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:56 am

sorry guys I did not ask other to come on this thread. I just wanted a place to store things.

doxaws
Site Admin

Post by doxaws » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:38 pm

DrB
Forum Member

DrB 151-200 pointsDrB 151-200 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacrock View Post
ok fair enough. But my views of God have certain elements in common with Buddhism. why don't you have sympathies with that?
Meta I do. I think you have an understanding of the progression in thought in the west that has been underlined by christian theology, I also think that your liberal approach has more going for it than others here. In fact sometimes it puzzles me how you seem to side with some of our more 'fervent' friends. It is just that I do not believe there is a god and you do.

doxaws
Site Admin

Post by doxaws » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:48 pm

-2009 09:51 PM Raistlin Mcrock, nothing special about this particular post. Just wanted to take the opportunity to tell you that I am appreciative of your intellectual expressiveness on the forum. You have got a heart for Christ and seem to be great guy.
nag nag nag 06-12-2009 03:57 PM 1TrueDisciple Right on!
Is it unfortunate that... 06-12-2009 03:33 PM ChristianGal Sad but true! Like satan, they stand as accusers against Christ and His children.
Truth of theology 06-07-2009 06:57 PM Phrontist
Truth of theology 06-06-2009 09:24 PM DrB How about I return the favour and we call it even

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:25 pm

Blogger GEO777 said...

YOU ARE MY HERO. GOD BLESS YOU MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010. MAY YOU CONTINUE TO EXPOSE ATHEISM FOR WHAT IT IS--AN EMPTY BOWL OfFERING NO NOURISHMENT TO MAN'S ESSENCE. I PRAISE GOD ON ACCOUNT OF YOU.

December 30, 2009 10:23 AM

doxaws
Site Admin

Post by doxaws » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Nocterro
Atheism Forum Member
CARM feb 2, 2010

Nocterro 31-50 points

Meta,

I have recently come to a conclusion that now seem rather obvious. In every group there will be two types of people - 1) the reasonable, and 2) the unreasonable. Allow me to pertain this to the God debate.

First, let's look at theists. There are of course reasonable theists - people like Plantinga, Pruss, and Swinburne. Such individuals believe that a God exists because, after careful study of the issue, they have reasonably concluded that there is probably a God. These people are quite adept at defending their views, and most importantly, they are able to regard their opponents' position with a degree of civility, even if they think it is wrong. On the other hand, there are unreasonable theists - people who claim the earth is 6000 years old despite the evidence to the contrary, people who ignore their opponents' arguments and frequently belittle those who disagree.

Atheism too...we have people such as Michael Martin, Quentin Smith, and Mark Walker. These people make strong arguments which should be addressed by the theist, just as there are theists who make strong arguments which should be addressed by the atheist. On the other hand, there are unreasonable atheists too - people who claim belief in God is a delusion, and attack theism's weakest arguments instead of its' strongest.

All that being said, I have noticed something. Despite your rather poor reputation among the atheists here at CARM, you were quite civil with me, and seemed ready to discuss the issue civilly, and in great detail. So I propose this to you: don't let the unreasonable atheists get to you. Yes, it's frustrating when someone denies that philosophy has value. I myself get frustrated when a theist denies that science has value. But I try not to let it bother me