MacQueen: Foreknowledge of 7's collapse

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

sgttomas
Re: MacQueen: Foreknowledge of 7's collapse

Post by sgttomas » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:23 pm

URBILD wrote:Major awakening: intelligent human beings can become incredibly weak, clinging to irrational arguments because they don't want to believe their government is a brutal empire. Pathetically, they wimper at the thought of being ridiculed by peers,,,,take a look at how both liberals and conservatives are equally prejudiced against Muslims (for whatever reason) and would rather attack the underdog as to risk being ridiculed by all-mighty public opinion that tells us that a ragged gang of Muslims is solely responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
Indeed, it confirmed in my mind what I has suspected: this world is an illusion; a game played for fun. I couldn't really take myself or my job seriously after that.

Ironically, I became Muslim in a large degree BECAUSE of 9/11.

-sgtt
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

URBILD

Post by URBILD » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Metacrock wrote:
URBILD wrote:
Metacrock wrote:Urbie, what are you going to do about it?
Publish a boorish book on "God Arguments". As Dietrich Bonhoeffer once said, "heck, don't worry, be happy....we still got Adolphe Deprince",,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2labjpL ... ideo_title

Hardy har har. the problem is I haven't claimed to prove a vast national conspiracy.

You seem to have a problem with both reading and hearing comprehenison. I never "claimed to prove a vast national conspircacy" , nor has this claim been made by the videos I have posted. You could at least watch the videos before you do the asinine "whatcha ya gonna do about it", retort.

:| :roll:

URBILD

Post by URBILD » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:09 am

Major awakening: intelligent human beings can become incredibly weak, clinging to irrational arguments because they don't want to believe their government is a brutal empire. Pathetically, they wimper at the thought of being ridiculed by peers,,,,take a look at how both liberals and conservatives are equally prejudiced against Muslims (for whatever reason) and would rather attack the underdog as to risk being ridiculed by all-mighty public opinion that tells us that a ragged gang of Muslims is solely responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

I know my government is a brutal empire. If that's your answer, too bad I've known since 1968. I don't need a fast national conspiracy analogs to the one about FDR knowing of Pearl Harbor in advance and doing nothing to spur the nation to war, to prove that American is a brutal empire.

Calm down, Metacrock. :roll: First of all, that was my answer to Sgt.Thomas' post, not your's. Secondly, don't act like I've never acknowledged your activism against US imperialsim=== especially in regard to Central America during the Reagan era. :geek:

URBILD

Post by URBILD » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:26 am

\
Last edited by URBILD on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

URBILD

Post by URBILD » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:33 am

Metacrock wrote:I ask the guy what he's going to do, he makes wise cracks. that's your plan of action, wise cracking?
Well, you have a funny double standard on this forum. People post topics of discussion for all sorts of social problems, but 9/11 truth posts have the additional special burden of presenting a solution and specific plan of action. Why do you demand this only for 9/11 topics?

:ugeek:

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:52 am

URBILD wrote:
Metacrock wrote:I ask the guy what he's going to do, he makes wise cracks. that's your plan of action, wise cracking?
Well, you have a funny double standard on this forum. People post topics of discussion for all sorts of social problems, but 9/11 truth posts have the additional special burden of presenting a solution and specific plan of action. Why do you demand this only for 9/11 topics?

:ugeek:
I think he was somewhat being rhetorical. Also to be a little more technical bit, empire may not be a totally proper word here. Perhaps a better one might be Hegemon, regardless of whether it is benevolent or malevolent.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

URBILD

Post by URBILD » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:54 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
I think he was somewhat being rhetorical.

...which would be even more asinine. :x
to be a little more technical bit, empire may not be a totally proper word here. Perhaps a better one might be Hegemon, regardless of whether it is benevolent or malevolent.
Sounds like you're into Dungeons and Dragons. ;)

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:19 am

URBILD wrote:
mdsimpson92 wrote:
I think he was somewhat being rhetorical.

...which would be even more asinine. :x
to be a little more technical bit, empire may not be a totally proper word here. Perhaps a better one might be Hegemon, regardless of whether it is benevolent or malevolent.
Sounds like you're into Dungeons and Dragons. ;)
Nope, Mass effect . 8-) (good reference though)

Anyways it was a term I learned in international relations describing hyperpowers (19th century Britain, US ect). Largely comes from a hegemonic stability theory. Personally, I would say that the US has a tendency to be more than a little bipolar, constantly swinging between kantian liberalism (foreign policy wise Wilson would be a good example) and realism (Realpolitik, Kissenger, Bismarck, Teddy Roosevelt who is the best example of US imperialism beside Mckinley.)

Did you guys here that General Petraeus will become the CIA director. Isn't the choosing of such a well known military commander indicate somewhat of a militarization of the CIA. I mean I don't doubt his credentials my sister met him multiple times, regards him as a brilliant individual. But I think that a bit of a separation between military and intelligence is needed.

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:24 pm

insert military intelligence joke *here*
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:22 am

Well, I guess that is why they hire people like my sister. :mrgreen: