Metacrock, About Your Blog....

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
URBILD
Metacrock, About Your Blog....

Post by URBILD » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:33 pm

You wrote:
He said point blank that I was lying when i said process theology has an impersonal God. so easy to find out! all you have to do is Google "does Process theology have an impersonal God" but the very idea that one should find out seems to through into a tail spin.
You should know that isn't true. I know you're not lying, but you should know that PT doesn't have an "impersonal God". Even a quick Google search would show this isn't true.I just did a quick Google search and the only top site that made the claim was your site.

Metacrock

Re: Metacrock, About Your Blog....

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:19 pm

I guess I overstated my case. To me it has always seemed like the process theologian is not at all concerned with the will of God or with a personal God, although I suppose they would deny that.

I that atheist with whom I was dealing does not know shit from shinola about process theology. He's never read any of it. He has no idea what it's about. I mean I may have been overstating it to say "impersonal" but it is not the kind of micro manginess big man in the sky he was railing against.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

URBILD

Post by URBILD » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Metacrock wrote:I guess I overstated my case. To me it has always seemed like the process theologian is not at all concerned with the will of God or with a personal God, although I suppose they would deny that.

I that atheist with whom I was dealing does not know shit from shinola about process theology. He's never read any of it. He has no idea what it's about. I mean I may have been overstating it to say "impersonal" but it is not the kind of micro manginess big man in the sky he was railing against.
I see. You mean it isn't anthropomorphic. :geek:

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:59 am

URBILD wrote:
Metacrock wrote:I guess I overstated my case. To me it has always seemed like the process theologian is not at all concerned with the will of God or with a personal God, although I suppose they would deny that.

I see. You mean it isn't anthropomorphic. :geek:

Yes, exactly. what I mean to say. thanks.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief