The Imputation of Sin and Righteousness

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
sgttomas
Re: The Imputation of Sin and Righteousness

Post by sgttomas » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Diaconeo wrote:Not sure what this phrase means to you, so I'm not sure how i would respond to the request. IMO everything that has been done is for His Glory, His Name's sake. Nothing that He has decreed could return as anything less. I don't know if that is what you mean,
Yeah! That's the first and most important meaning...
of is that phrase has some special meaning to you, and if it does, i'd have to understand why it does in order to continue. He's said is several times so.....
Yeah, it does and I realize I wasn't very clear! heh, woops. It (this expression) has been a long-time subject of my studies.

My question specifically was just a request that you consider the place, pattern, and purpose of its use in the Bible and post something on it at your convenience. Quite an undertaking, I suppose...I only asked because I was curious to see what you would come up with. Particularly because - while I love exploring the fundamentals of faith and the various expressions in Christianity and elsewhere, after a while it can seem like the same things repeating. This is a way to tackle faith directly (it is SO comprehensive after all) by a different method. I could do the same and would be happy to do so. I was just considering how to best approach the subject.

...this idiom has a direct correlate in the Arabic language...."Bismillah". I would have just posted on the subject (...actually, I think I might have already a few times in the past but just not so directly) but I was more curious about how it found expression through your faith (other than, you know....being the basis of EVERYTHING!).

...maybe I'm still being vague.

Heh, well....I just find continuous inspiration from reading the parts of the Bible that use this idiom....maybe you do to and maybe I could prompt that inspiration to write something ;) ....or at least think on it, because, could there be anything better?!!?!?!?! :D

Peace,
-sgttomas
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")