I actually wrote a new blog post! Would Jesus Wash Osama bin

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
Metacrock
Re: I actually wrote a new blog post! Would Jesus Wash Osama bin

Post by Metacrock » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:24 pm

MonolithTMA wrote:
Metacrock wrote:I don't know what I was saying really.
What did I tell you, Joe? Drink after posting, after! ;)
ahahahaahah why you buck eye! :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Diaconeo

Post by Diaconeo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:04 pm

I don't believe that Jesus would wash Osama's or any world leaders feet. They are not and were not His students or disciples. And yes, He did wash Judas' feet, it wasn't until after this that Judas left the others to betray Jesus.

Why wouldn't Jesus have washed their feet. It's simple really, what Jesus was teaching His disciple was that in order for them to truly serve and care for His sheep, they had to understand that they are servants, not lords. It was not the master of the house that washed feet, it was the lowliest of servants that washed the feet of those coming into the house. Neither Osama nor any world leader are left with the care of His sheep, only those that are called to serve. It was a life lesson that they all learned ever to well. To be a leader in the church you have to be able to be humiliated to the point of being the lowliest of those in the household of faith. The most severe warnings are giving to Elders (pastors), whose duty is it not only to teach, but to protect and serve the flock. Only someone that is able to be this humble can truly lead the church. I don't believe that any world leader, either alive or dead could ever have learned this lesson.
"Those who go down to the Sea in Ships,
Who do business on Great Waters;
They have seen the Works of the Lord,
And His Wonders in the Deep." Ps. 107:23,24

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Diaconeo wrote:I don't believe that Jesus would wash Osama's or any world leaders feet. They are not and were not His students or disciples. And yes, He did wash Judas' feet, it wasn't until after this that Judas left the others to betray Jesus.

Why wouldn't Jesus have washed their feet. It's simple really, what Jesus was teaching His disciple was that in order for them to truly serve and care for His sheep, they had to understand that they are servants, not lords. It was not the master of the house that washed feet, it was the lowliest of servants that washed the feet of those coming into the house. Neither Osama nor any world leader are left with the care of His sheep, only those that are called to serve. It was a life lesson that they all learned ever to well. To be a leader in the church you have to be able to be humiliated to the point of being the lowliest of those in the household of faith. The most severe warnings are giving to Elders (pastors), whose duty is it not only to teach, but to protect and serve the flock. Only someone that is able to be this humble can truly lead the church. I don't believe that any world leader, either alive or dead could ever have learned this lesson.

welcome to the boards. Introduce yourself. There's an introduction thread on the adventrue of faith board.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Diaconeo

Post by Diaconeo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am

I have...i've just been away for a while (from the boards, not the body :D )
"Those who go down to the Sea in Ships,
Who do business on Great Waters;
They have seen the Works of the Lord,
And His Wonders in the Deep." Ps. 107:23,24