Pope, Inclusivism and Universalism

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
mdsimpson92
Pope, Inclusivism and Universalism

Post by mdsimpson92 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:24 am

Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Re: Pope, Inclusivism and Universalism

Post by Metacrock » Fri May 31, 2013 3:26 pm

that is not shocking to me. I do think he could have pointed out how stupid they are. I'm kidding! :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:18 am

Metacrock wrote:
that is not shocking to me. I do think he could have pointed out how stupid they are. I'm kidding! :mrgreen:
I think he is saving that for the "evils of capitalism". Odd, because this guy isn't really a fan of liberation theology, but most of the stuff I here from him now sounds very much like it. Emphasis on issues like poverty and social justice while still staying conservative, as well as sounding fairly inclusivist, if not necessarily universalist.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:59 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:
I think he is saving that for the "evils of capitalism". Odd, because this guy isn't really a fan of liberation theology, but most of the stuff I here from him now sounds very much like it. Emphasis on issues like poverty and social justice while still staying conservative, as well as sounding fairly inclusivist, if not necessarily universalist.
I think he is a liberation theology guy. I heard that he hung around with some of the top lib theo guys.

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:30 am

Metacrock wrote: I think he is a liberation theology guy. I heard that he hung around with some of the top lib theo guys.
Yeah, but I'm not sure he was one of them back in the day. He sure sounds like one now, very socially conservative, but very supportive of welfare and help to the poor.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:58 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote: I think he is a liberation theology guy. I heard that he hung around with some of the top lib theo guys.
Yeah, but I'm not sure he was one of them back in the day. He sure sounds like one now, very socially conservative, but very supportive of welfare and help to the poor.
yea he's heretical. let's fire him and get a new guy. O wait, I'm not a Catholic! :mrgreen:

the turht is I think he's the FDR of Popes. I love FDR! FDR is the pope Francis of presidents.