Snippets from my hard copy Universal Reconciliation library

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
rodgertutt
Snippets from my hard copy Universal Reconciliation library

Post by rodgertutt » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi everyone. I'm Rodger Tutt in Toronto, Canada. Every day or so I would like to post a snippet from a different hard copy book in my Universal Reconciliation library. I hope you enjoy them.

SNIPPETS FROM THE HARD COPY UNIVERSAL RECONCILIATION LIBRARY OF RODGER TUTT

#1 - A SNIPPET FROM REDEMPTION ALL IN ALL - RAY PRINZING (my earthly hero and mentor)

“Aionian punishment means of the age, or age during. It is a period of time designated by God for the bringing to naught that which is wrong. God will mete out exactly the amount of time necessary for correction, but it will not be prolonged beyond that which is needed. All of God’s punishments are corrective in nature, motivated by His love, and used to work into our good and His praise.”

Metacrock

Re: Snippets from my hard copy Universal Reconciliation library

Post by Metacrock » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:42 pm

are you hawking that book?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

rodgertutt

Post by rodgertutt » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Metacrock wrote:Are you hawking that book?
It's not a book Metacrock.
A few snippets are by the same author, but every snippet is from a different book in my hard copy Universal Reconcilation library.

For example, here is snippet number two.

#2 – A SNIPPET FROM ALL IN ALL – A.E. KNOCH

“The terms translated ‘forever’ and ‘everlasting’ and ‘never’ are human perversions which could never have deceived us if they had been consistently rendered. They denote definite divisions of time called ages or eons. All together they form a distinct portion of time called eonian times. Destruction, like salvation, is eonian. It is not the end or aim of God. God destroys nothing that He will not restore. He loses nothing that will not return to Him laden with praise and glory for Himself. Destruction is a passing process, not a finished goal. Through God it will work out the welfare of all of His creatures and the glory of our Savior."

(Editor’s note: Scriptures that seem to disagree with this conclusion are addressed in his book)
http://www.lighthouselibrary.com/read.p ... or=||KNOCH, ADOLPH E||&type=&what=author

rodgertutt

Post by rodgertutt » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:06 am

#3 – A SNIPPET FROM THE PROBLEM OF EVIL AND THE JUDGMENTS OF GOD – A.E. KNOCH

“I, for one, freely confess that, without a knowledge of the consummation, when God will reconcile all and become All in all, I could not have confidence in a deity who allowed the world to work itself into such a mess, and who can do little more for most men than to sweep them into destruction, extinction or torment.

But now, how can I distrust God? Mankind is just where He has brought it. The effect of all the present evil and distress will be salutary. God will get glory out of it, and men will be prepared by it to appreciate the gifts He has in store for them all.”

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks, I will be sure to read it.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

rodgertutt

Post by rodgertutt » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 am

#4 – A SNIPPET FROM THE INESCAPABLE LOVE OF GOD – THOMAS TALBOTT

“The corrective effects of kolasis aionios last forever. But as a means to an end, it will not last any longer than is necessary to produce the end for which it exists in the first place.

When we finally weary of our own selfishness, petty jealousies, and lust for power; when we learn at last, perhaps through bitter experience, that these lead only to ruin and cannot bring enduring happiness, that nothing short of union with God and reconciliation with others will satisfy our own deepest yearnings; when we discover that the Hound of Heaven has finally closed off every alternative to such a union, we shall then, each of us, finally embrace the destiny that is ours.”

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:43 am

that's cool. I appreciate you coming back to talk about it.

rodgertutt

Post by rodgertutt » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:32 am

Metacrock wrote:that's cool. I appreciate you coming back to talk about it.
I have many more snippets to come back with. 8-)

#5 – A SNIPPET FROM A TREATISE ON ATONEMENT – HOSEA BALLOU

“We are told of a god who created millions of beings whom he intends for endless torments and puts His whole design into execution; and this is called supreme goodness.
In millions of cases this god finds it most for his glory to make his rational, hoping, wanting creatures endlessly miserable.

We are likewise told of a devil who acts for his own gratification, and who delights in making God’s creatures miserable; and this is called badness.

Shall we thus represent our kind and merciful Father from Whom streams of goodness continually flow to His wanting, needing creatures? No; let every vibration of sense within us acknowledge His bountiful hand which will never close.”

rodgertutt

Post by rodgertutt » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:49 am

#6 – A SNIPPET FROM SALVATOR MUNDI: OR, IS CHRIST THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN? – SAMUEL COX

“By insisting on an interpreted translation of a Greek word, would you have the vast majority of men damned to an everlasting torture in order that you may feel quite sure that your timid soul will sit and sing itself away in everlasting bliss?

The main object of this book is to encourage those who faintly trust “the larger hope” to commit themselves to it wholly and fearlessly by showing them that they have ample warrant for it in scriptures of the New Testament.”

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:12 am

that's aon stuff. I don't find that a compelling issue. the reconciliation guys are putting way too much emphasis on that. It's by no means clear. I find your side is much less savy to Greek use than the other.

I thin you are barking up the wrong tree. I can see much ore potential for refuting the idea of hell as eternal conscious torment by looking the symbolic use of language i the text of discourse about hell.