Theologial37 vs zkueker88: over predestination and others

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
met
Re: Theologial37 vs zkueker88: over predestination and others

Post by met » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:57 pm

No, not really. Just explaining to md. While definitely NOT an exclusivist, I also don't really have a definite view.

Never have had one, come to think of it....

Suppose I'm influenced by some Eastern thinking that to the question "are you saved?" might ponder "well, what's a 'you in the first place?" Too complicated a querstion even to ponder really tho....
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

mdsimpson92

Post by mdsimpson92 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:16 pm

Reminds me of why some east orthodox priests always pray that all "might" be saved, and not "will" be saved, because that might imply a lack of free will.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:03 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:Reminds me of why some east orthodox priests always pray that all "might" be saved, and not "will" be saved, because that might imply a lack of free will.
I defintealy believe that I'm saved. that's fundamental to Methodism and to Charismatics. It's not only predestination guys who can feel secure in salvation.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

met

Post by met » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:30 pm

see, that's interesting, Meta. What' s that mean?

That you're currently definitely a true believer?

That there's no chance you'd ever fall into disbelief?

That at this point even if you did fall into disbelief, you'd definitely still be in for eternal life?

there's a whole bunch of wrinkles on that statement..."I'm saved" .... isn't there?
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:49 pm

met wrote:see, that's interesting, Meta. What' s that mean?

That you're currently definitely a true believer?

That there's no chance you'd ever fall into disbelief?

That at this point even if you did fall into disbelief, you'd definitely still be in for eternal life?

there's a whole bunch of wrinkles on that statement..."I'm saved" .... isn't there?
I don't believe in so called "eternal security." I don't see the point in Heb 6 if that's the case. I don't think it's its that fragile either. but hen I don't believe hell is eternal conscious torment. It's not just a matter of doing some sins or ceasing to give mental assent to a proposition ("God exists") but to actually set yourself against God or agaisnt the good is the basis for damnation; then it's not eternal conscious torment but eternal ceasing to exist.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:51 pm

I wouldn't say there's no chance I would ever fall away. I almost did when I lost my house. But God got me back. I didn't just magically snap back becuase I'm predestined. God did things so that I would come back.

then that's another topic.I do believe in predestination I just don't believe it the way Calvinists do.